Pottstown PA AAMCO
Again - Pottstown PA AAMCO.
Owner is good @ padding bills for labor and parts.
Unfortunately my young son was driving alone visiting a friend and staying that evening when the vehicle had broke, literally within pushing distance of AAMCO.
A Technician opened the hood to find the serpentine belt came off because the idler pulley bracket portion (inclusive bracket for a/c compressor & alternator) had broke.
Wanting to handle it himself, the owner informed him of a price
but it couldn't be repaired till the following day. Worse, he gave him cash to do it.
The vehicle was pushed from front of building to the side with a fenced lot. Yeah - That took a whole hour of labor.
Checked following day and vehicle would be done by closing @ 5 PM. They had closed early.
Vehicle remained behind fence for 4 1/2 days. Beware the fenced lot for your protection - keep believing if you want.
Shop did leave a serpentine belt in vehicle. No argument about the shop being compensated for the part. Until the $ - Local dealership charges half the price for a factory replacement part.
Found and bought required bracket and pulley myself.
Thanks for heads up guys - Unsatisfactory dealings with vendors.
Under shop observation, vehicle was removed from fenced lot and moved around corner in front of another establishment.
I performed the labor disassembling and reassembling taking less than an hour.
This is a crook! Figured a franchise business would have more professional people running them, LOL with AAMCO.
FYI - if you care to reach out . .
The owner is Doug Gregory
Company phone: 610-970-1844
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I had 4 new tires installed on my Acura MDX Sport at Tire Kingdom in Lake Park, FL. My vehicle is only 2 years old and has a special..."
- "I had my oil changed at the aamco in Naples Florida. Drove home parked my car in the garage. The next morning there is atleast a quert of oil on..."
- "Problems: Dropped of 2004 Nissan Titan on 12/9 to have it painted Nissan white Q10. Agreed upon price $1,375. Was told work would be completed by Friday 12/13. Placed call..."
- "We recently rented a car from Enterprise, but did NOT purchase their insurance - HUGE mistake. While doing the inspection with the representative before we left with the car,..."
- "i bought leather sofa set($2099.98) with extended warranty (249.99) on 1/9/2011one of the dual seat back rest there are some air bubbles coming are out on leather skin, i went..."
- "Rich Dad Education got me registered after some slick sales talk in a downtown Philadelphia hotel, for a 3-day 'Financial Freedom Seminar' which I could not attend due to extenuating..."
- "Hi my name is Susana Carpenter Yesterday 05-26-2016 at 6:23pm I Visit The Popeyes On 735 myatt drive in madison tn 37115 the store was very busy and its on of..."
- "Back on Saturday, April 30th, 2016, I used my American Express Credit Card to pay my contractor $20,000.00 for a job that has Not Been Finished! The way that I paid..."
- "Hey Good morning so last night I went to Taco Bell for a late night I pulled up Thur the drive thru and the employee at the window was having..."