Seattle, Washington

aamco charged me $262 bucks and did not fix a thing!!!! They will not even return my phone calls.

when i contacted the headquarters they say they can not help, so what the *** good are they! tell every one you know not to go aamco. the dealership is run my michael, the reginal manager is roc and the owner would not even give me his first name.

the proplem was a leak on the trannsmision, i told them i had just changed the seal and filter and it leaked only when cold they charged me for a new seal and fillter a used pan even when i told them that was not the proplem. it was a broken wiring harness clip in the transmission

Comments

all ammcos are rip offs they only fix it to make it run not even use all the parts in the rebuild kits...I waited 8 months and 4 transmissions to get my jeep back

losers!!!!

don't do it

go to TRC

My name is Kurt Enge, and I am now the Owner of the Aamco Transmission and Complete Car Care Center in Puyallup, WA.

I have over 15 years of experience with Managing Aamco Centers, and over 54 years of life experience. I am a Christian and a family man that allows God to guide my personal life as well as all of my business decisions. I am fair and honest above all.

I read the reviews that are left by former customers and shake my head. How truly sad, and what can I do to turn this around? All I have is my word, but I invite each of you to contact me (253) 678-6776 cell, and let me try to give my help if I can.

Before becomming the Owner of the Puyallup Aamco, I was most recently employed as the Manager at the Aamco Center in Tigard, OR. If you will, please look at the reviews for that center, and you will see what you can expect from me here.

Gods Blessing,

Kurt Enge

I have a great experiance recently with the Aamco in Puyallup which is now under new ownership. Manny the owner took care of everything very upfront about all the cost involved, min and max so there were no surprises.

He also included a 3 year 50,000 mile warranty on the transmission. I would definately refer friend and family to Manny.

I also work for a company that has a huge fleet of trucks and we send the majority of our equipment to Manny and have never had an issue.

:grin im laughing my *** off at all of you idiots right now. learn how to fix your cars yourself and you wont get anally screwed by repair shops! hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8) Make Em Say Unghh!

I was a Sales Manager for the franchise in question. The owner owned 4 shops (recently lost them all) including Puyallup, Bremerton, Olympia and Lakewood. He used to own Shoreline, Auburn and Renton as well. Anywho... I know that alot of practices that he pulled were practically illegal, but let me make it clear that the Transmission is the single most complex unit in a motor vehicle. The transmission has more delicate and moving parts than all of the other components on your vehicle combined. With that said.. it is very tedious, labor intensive work to Remove, Disassemble and inspect a unit that has over 1000 parts and units in it. It takes about 6 hours for a complete R&R when done right, which these mechanics are being paid top dollar for. You want a shop to give you a free R&R and be out $35.00 x 6? The company would be broke if it did that.

On to the point... Everyone frickin knows that a transmission is going to run them a MINIMUM of 3,000 to fix.. no matter where you take it to. If someone quotes you less, they're using used parts or low quality parts, because the labors always going to be the same.

The owner did the 'step' method to make it easier on customers than just sticker shocking them with 'Welp, transmissions screwed.. gonna have to bend over and sprout 3g out of your butt'.

Most customers appreciate this methodology, but some think its a rip-off. If you feel you were ripped off, call someone who cares, like the attorney general instead of blasting people on the web without knowing anything about what you are talking about.

This was going to be a post to flame my old boss because he pissed me off so bad in the past, but here I am defending him.. It's hard to not defend someone from accusations that are frankly, ***. And learn how to spell too buddy.. Your grammar is horrid.

@FORMER EMPLOYEE

The "Step Method"?!? Seriously?

This is nothing but bait and switch only worse. Give the customer a low price to get the authorization to start working then bump up the price once they are committed.

I'm sorry, but nobody appreciates this "methodology" as you call it. You are no better than your former employer if you think this was an ethical business practice.

david t

This company is run by crooks and should be wipe out from this earth. they rip me off $2400 for doing a transmission oil change, I know for fact they did not do anything as the car I have only have late shift problem when it's cold, I thought they were the expert, YES, expert in stealing my hard earn money.

This is how they operate(and it seems to be a pattern on how they operation from all the posts I seen). they say they give a free tranny check, and they call you they found some problem and they have to open the tranny up for a 'inspect', but it will cost $500 bucks fix or not, after you say yes, they will pile on lies on this need to be fix and then they will call you more needed to be fixed. What can you do ?

I hope someone read this story and spread the evils that AAMCO shop does and check with your mechanic first. pissed customer of AAMCO in Quincy, MA

david t

What a RIP OFF! Took our ford explorer into a dealer to get an estimate to fix the transmission and the 4 wheel drive.

The dealer said $5,000 so we took it to Puyallup Aamco. They said they could replace the transmission and 4 wheel drive for under $4,000. We got it back-the 4wheel drive had not been fixed and the transmission is worse then ever. They charged us $3,989.

We confronted the owner-he said the two managers that had done the paper work on our truck were fired and that it would cost us an extra $450 to fix the 4wheel drive. We said no way.

We have taken the truck back to have them repair the transmission that is "guaranteed" but it still isn't working right. This business is crooked and needs to go out of business.

I took my truck there to have the tranny flushed. A regular maintinace.

They took the truck to another place, and when they brought it back, Rocky called the shop to tell me that the transfer case had a leak. It has never ever once put a drop of oil on my driveway. They wanted about $500 to fix the seal. I told them no and that I would look at it myself.

When I got the truck home, I noticed it is leaking badly now.

They are dirty and should be run out of business. What a bunch of loosers.

Aamco - 10212 122nd St E Ste C. in Puyallup.

LIARS - Just wanted more money out of me - Told be disgnostic was free. Called 41/2 hours later. (1/2 hour before by car should have been ready) and said another diagnostic needed to be done. (extra 138.00 for it) Before any service could be done.

When I walked in I clearly stated what I wanted done, Got the price written and told them no surprises, He assured me they'd do just the service I wanted, but a FREE diagnostic had to be done anyways. THEY NEVER said anything about the second (computer diagnostic). That's because they want more money out of there customers. I picked up my car w/ no work.

Aamco in Puyallup MAJOR rip off!!!

My husband and I relocated to this area from the west coast with the military.

My car was stalling when coming out of first gear so we dedcied to take it in to have it checked. we decided to go with aamco because it was a familiar name and one we trusted. we got the free diagnostic test. once the test came back the mechanic told us that it looked like it was the torque converter,but he would need to disassemble the transmission and run another diagnostic test to see if there were any other problems.

We gave him the go ahead to do that. When he called back he listed all these other problems, then told us the priced doubled. They offered a financing plan and we opted for that. They went several days with out calling us and telling us what the issue was with our car.

We constantly had to call and deal with the regional manager(Roc) being rude and telling us that they help the military all the time but they dont have to help us. When we called the corporate office(which was a waste of time) they decided not to finance us after we paid them 1800 dollars and gave them all our credit info. Now they have had our car for a week, they refuse to tall us when we can come and pick it up and they are trying to charge us 1035.00 plus tax for no work other than the transmission being diassembled being done!

This is robbery!! PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT GO HERE TO GET YOUR CAR FIXED!

i have a problem with this shop too..

they change the odometer on my car, rolled the miles back 8k then said they wouldnt fix my transmission that was under warranty.

WHY DID U AGREE TO THE REPAIR YOU ***