Chatham, Ontario

I took my vehicle in last year and I was assured by the manager himself that I would pay a fixed amount for the repairs of my car.

When I went to pickup my car, an additional $900 was applied under the rouse of having to order "special parts". When I contested the new price, the manager threatened to call the police. He was so smug and arrogant about it to. I did not back down and told him to go ahead and call the police.

When they showed up, I explained the situation to the officers and they said I could either pay them the new price or I could take them to court (seeing as how they refused to release my car). My car has been in their possession since last year and the matter is now before the courts.

Not only did they jack the price up, but they took a week longer than they said they would take to complete the job, but they never bothered to call me and let me know . Instead, I had to call them to find out why I did not get a call from them on the day they said my car would be ready.

Sorry but I am not going to ripped off, and deal with slow service.

Do yourself (and your bank account) a HUGE favor and find another transmission place unless you have money to burn or if you want to get even with your ex at their expense.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aamco Deal.

Comments

AAMCO is a rip off.I disagree with Independent. I worked for many years in auto repair.

Everyone knows that if a repair is going to cost more than what was quoted you call the customer and get their OK. Especially 900.00 over estimate!Maybe you should go work for Aamaco.

They would love you! Let us know the name of your shop so we can avoid the ripoff tactics you use and go to an honest shop!

So becuase YOUR car needed extra parts once the repair was in progress. They are responsible for them?

I dont work for aamco but I do own a repair facility of my own. Id be charging you storage on top of everything. You people think this is some government hand out.

Get real people. Jerks like you make me want to sell my shop and find a new career.

I have to agree with 'alq' on this one ..... 100%.

I used them once, many years ago. Apparently they have not changed their rip-off policy any.

AAMCo is the same in USA. They screw everybody equally.

Stand in a long, long line. Warn the public, go anyplace else but AAMCO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aamco Reviews