San Jacinto, California

Brought my car to the AAMCO in San Bernardino initially when I was out of town and my clutch blew. Figured "hey it's AAMCO, this is what they do all day".

With the mileage I had noticed some seepage last time I was under the car so I had the rear main changed also. I get the car back and drive it home to San Jacinto. Car is leaving oil puddles in the driveway overnight. I take a day off of work to bring the car to this AAMCO and explain what happened.

Thomas proceeds to try to say it isn't the rear main and that on this car the valve cover seal leaks down the back of the block and gives the illusion of a rear main leak. I say no it's the rear main and it needs to be fixed. They put it on the rack and lo and behold the rear main is leaking.... I'm told the car will be ready the next day.

Come in the next day the car isn't ready. Come in a few days later, Thomas says car should be ready, walks into the shop then comes back saying car isn't ready. A week and a half later (to do a rear main seal...) my car is ready. I drive the car home, now my a/c doesn't work.

Bring the car back and get this condescending group meeting with the techs...I mean mechanics where Thomas proceeds to ask them "do we touch the a/c system when we pull a trans?" No *** Thomas. Fact is I brought my car in with a working maintained a/c system and got my car back with it not working, which is explaining why a rear main seal repair took a week and a half when it should have taken a few days. After a new rear main seal my car shouldn't leak oil from the rear main seal either. Word of advice buy a Haynes manual before you get desperate enough to bring your car to these people.

Setting aside the fact my car has left with a different problem every time I have brought it in, the Hemet store is extremely unprofessional between Thomas engaging in religious debates to the point myself and other customers had to stand outside while they were going on and Thomas trying to sell customers on coffee brand pyramid schemes.

I'm into a clutch and rear main seal almost $3000 between the initial cost, missing work to come pick up my car and it not being ready when I was told it would be, and having my a/c fixed at a competent repair facility. Avoid AAMCO, ESPECIALLY this one at all cost.

Comments

Customer had clutch and rear main seal done in San Bernardino. Brought Vehicle in to find leak and said it was leaking from rear.

Told customer that if the rear main seal was replaced it was probably leaking from the back side of valve cover. Put car up and it was leaking from rear seal. Told customer to leave vehicle and we would fix it at no charge. Customer told me that he is a mechanic and knows everything about cars.

We took vehicle in and fixed rear main seal which was a special order and took a few days to get seal. He brought vehicle back in and stated that a/c does not work. I explained to him that we put a cross bar across engine to support engine and we do NOT take anything from the top off and that we drop the transmission from underneath but I would be more than happy to check the a/c for free just to double check.

Customer started to argue and state that he was a mechanic and it was working and now it is not. He than decide NOT to have me check it and left.

#832047
@Aamco Hemet

This must be Thomas I'm guessing with the *** poor customer service yet again. I didn't say what I did for a living the first time.

I brought my car in stating my rear main seal was leaking. You tried saying it wasn't that without even looking at the car. I had already had it on another rack. I knew it was the rear main.

You took it up, found out it was the rear main lo and behold and fixed it. I picked up the car a week and a half later and my ac didn't work. When I brought the car back you proceeded to argue with me about that. THAT was when I first stated what I did for a living.

You know what the problem was? The ac line that runs along the bottom of the core support right next to the trans mount, then your *** mechanic comes in for that out of line meeting you pulled and lies to me about the ac. Helen Keller could have heard and seen the refrigerant leak so he's full of *** trying to say he didn't know anything. Both times you tried to argue with me and both times it was aamco's *** You're *** right after taking my car to an aamco twice and having something else fu#&ed up on it every time I get it back the last thing I'm going to do is let you incompetent idiots touch my car again.

The only reason I had aamco work on it in the first place is because I was hours away from the shop.

I never once said I knew everything I do however know when your full of ***. I'm 2 for 2 on calling you or on your ***.

Tesla
#832049
@Aamco Hemet

Tesla
@Tesla

You've been proven wrong twice now and you're still trying to argue. I don't know what the owner is thinking but you are the last person that should be dealing with customers

Aamco Reviews