Los Angeles, California

I took my car to have them run a diagnostic and when the results came back the cost to fix it was more than I imagined. So I decided to take it somewhere more affordable.

The manager, John Edward was upset about my decision and decided to make my life a living ***.

He didn't give me my car back on the day it was promised. I asked him to please help me and he slammed the door in my face . He was very rude and lacked customer service. I have never been treated like this is my life.

I cannot believe how unprofessional this place is.

I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone..not even an enemy.

Comments

A big thank you to all who posted complaints!I was thinking of getting my check engine light looked at by these people; read these complaints and changed my mind.

#402086

I wish I had read this before I took my wife's car to AAMCO in Glendale, CA. John Edwards is a slik talking salesman. First, He charges $89 for a diagnostic test "refundable with repairs". After he did the diagnostics he tells me they have to remove the transmission for further testing at a cost of $795 "refundable with repaires". I don't know why I went for this, but remember, good old John is a fast talking pitch man. After they got the tranny dismanteled, he gives me a quote of $3,600 + valve body and or computer if needed, this is for repairs only...not a replacement.This is $500 more than the car dealership's quote to replace the whole transmission including the valve body.

Now, he already has you for $800 even if you choose not to let him do the job!... Your stuck.

Interesting that SOME people like John Edwards and Glendale Aamco. Edwards is a liar.

He makes promises he doesn't keep. After he has your car, he charges much more than he quoted and holds the car for ransom until you raise the money. There is NO reasoning with him. The owner, Enrique, backs the deception.

Further, the City of Glendale lets them stay in business.

People that know cars stay away from Aamco, and especially the Aamco in Glendale. Stay away; you're better off ANYWHERE else, and you certainly don't need the grief.

HAD MY 2001 LEXUS RX 300 REPARED THERE AFTER IT WENT 142,000 MILES AND THE SERVICE WAS OK. AFTER THE OWNER EXPLAINED EVERYTHING I WAS REASONABLY HAPPY.

:cry

Same thing happened to me. I went there.

Edward asked me to give him one day to check the car. Next day, he called and said it will cost no more than $1500 max. After he asked my B.D, and I ok the $1500, he called me back next days and told me the cost is $2500. I had to $700 to pickup my car back without fixing it.

I took it to another shop, and they fixed it for $1000. One more time, do not go there.

This same EXACT thing just happened to me by J. Edwards and Enrique.

"$99 diagnostic," then they call me and say "Okay it'll be $800 or thereabouts, do you approve the work?" and then they ask for my birthday. Thinking that sounds in the ballpark, I approve the work. Then they call me back 2 days later and say the total work will be $4100. I say "I'll take my car elsewhere to get a second opinion," and John Edwards says "You'll have to pay us $1200 to put it back together." So I'm stuck.

Then the total bill comes out to $4220. *** THIEVES.

AVOID AAMCO, ESPECIALLY IN GLENDALE. IF THE AAMCO COMPANY CAN'T REIN IN THIEVES LIKE THIS, THE WHOLE COMPANY SHOULD BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

I think Sam already wrote the exact same thing on another review. Are you dating someone at Aamco Sam?

My experience was very similar to most of those above. I was told that my transmission was going to be an easy fix.

He told me about the diagnostic for 89.99. They determined it was a part in the middle of the transmission. I kept asking for a quote on how much the repairs were going to be. I never got one.

Then they finally told me it was going to be 3500 to fix my transmission and that the outer casing was cracked. I felt like I was mislead through the process. I tried to cancel the repairs an hour after I gave a verbal ok. They said I couldn't cancel them and that I would now have to pay shipping and a restocking fee.

I remind you that they initially told me that it would be an easy fix. The price also has gone up. He is also trying to get me to replace the clutch.

I have demanded that my car be put back together and they not do the repairs. He will not release my car until the parts come.

Had my car repaired at AAMCO in Glendale --- they repaired my 1996 Ford Taurus and gave me a 12 month warranty. I called the manager John and told him I was having major leaking problems with the car.

Although the warranty was expired John had the car checked out at no cost and found a leak somewhere in the oil lines. He repaired it for free and also gave me a free oil change for my trouble --- that's good service Thanks John at AAMCO

Boy I sure do wish I read these comments before I got beat too!

This so called Manager JOHN is FOS...** after having a problem with him telling me it's gonna be one amount and not giving me the real figure .... it since changed THREE times as to what the final figure was.

$663.00 later and having no customer friendly service skills whatsoever....

yeah I feel ripped off and in no way was he willing to help. I WILL NEVER GO TO AAMCO AGAIN!

Wow- My experience w/ these guys was sooo different...I had my VW Jetta looked at by the dealer and other shops. They all told me I needed a new transmission.

After taking it to AAMCO in Glendale for a 4th opinion, I was told I didnt need a transmission at all. They took the time and explained how a transmission works and that many times they didnt need to remove the transmission to fix it. It's hard to find a mechanic shop that is honest and treats women w/ respect.

Both John and Enrique were GREAT and didnt make me feel like a dummy. They were professional and explained things to me in plain English I would reccommend them anytime..Tell them "Sam" w/ the Jetta sent you..they"ll get a kick.

STAY AWAY FROM AAMCO! IT'S A TRAP!

I know John Edward, that dude has issues. I would not hold his poor attitude against all of AAMCO

Aamco Reviews