Stockton, California

I have a 2006 Chevy Impala and my check engine light was on so I took my car to Aamco in Jupiter, FL for a "free" diagnosis. They called me and told me I needed a "reseal" and it would be $650 plus tax. I said I need a couple of days I don't have the money. He said my car was unsafe to drive. I said well, I guess I don't have a choice. He said my car would be ready the next afternoon.

The next afternoon when my car should have been ready, they called and said I needed a whole new transmission and it would be $2500. I said no, I don't have it, put my car back together. He said ok it will be ready the next day.

The next day he called and told me something about some other codes and it would be $1350. I called back and left 2 messages to put my car back together and not to do anything else to it. The next morning he called me back and said he didn't get my message and my car would be ready the next day.

The next afternoon, still no phone call so I drove by and my car was there. I had to pay $380 to get my car. When I finally got my car back, it was making a high pitched sqeeling kind of noise. I took it to another transmission place.

The other transmission place said that my transmission had missing parts, and it had 3 perfect clutches and 1 burnt clutch. They said that doesn't normally happen. The drive shaft was installed backwards, which could cause my wheel to fly off while I was driving.

I had to pay the other people $1600 to fix what Aamco messed up. I NEVER needed a new transmission. All I needed was an O2 sensor. Aamco is a rip off. They ruined my perfectly good transmission.

Comments

#207878

This is why services like PeoplesTransmission.com are becoming so popular. Not all Aamcos are dishonest, but there are certainly ones that are. Too bad Aamco corporate doesn't care about it as long as they get their cut.

I TOOK MY CADDY TO AAMOCO FOR REPAIR TO MY TRANS INSTEAD I GOT NEW BREAKS AND A HEAD ACHE OF PAIN MY CAR HAS BEEN SITTING THERE SENSE JAN,12, 2010 BECAUSE I REFUSE TO PAY FOR WORK I DIDNT SEE DONE TO MY NICE CADDY NOW BECAUSE OF SOME TYPE OF NEW MANAGERS THEY ARE TRYING TO RECTIFY THE PROBLEM OF 2100.00 BY GIVING ME CREDIT FOR SOMETHING I DONT OWE NOW BECAUSE OF CONTRACT ITS 2500.00 FOR TRANS WHICH TO ME IS A RIP OFF WHEN I WAS TOLD THAT IT WAS A SENSOR IF AT BEST AND HOW WOULD THEY KNOW THAT UNLESS THEY WERE SUPERMEN FROM ANOTHER PLANET.WITH XRAY VISION

I used to be a store manager at the AAMCO in my town. This position is based on salary plus commission. Shortly after working there, I started seeing some shady things going on by the franchise owner and the regional manager that didn't sit right with me.

When an inspection was done on a transmission, almost every time, it was recommended to the customer that the transmission be rebuilt.

Sometimes because the fluid was dark or they said there were particles in the fluid, etc.

Where I live, there are town events that bring a lot of visitors (many in RVs) and that would increase customer traffic to the store.

I started to watch the trend of these practices and eventually came to the conclusion that the 2 managers were, on several occasions, being dishonest.

Incidentally, I have since left my employment there, but will NEVER recommend anyone to bring their auto there for service.

Aamco Reviews