Washington, District Of Columbia

On February 17, 2012, for safety I had my vehicle towed to Aamco. I contacted AAMCO via telephone (301) 776-5944, located at 20 Washington Blvd, Laurel, Maryland 20707, Laurel, Maryland, that the vehicle would be towed because I believe the transmission was slipping. At this time my name, address and date of birth was requested by a representative, Bob. Once vehicle arrived; 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor reached AAMCO, Bob from AAMCO called, notified that they had received the vehicle and they would inspect vehicle to determine the problem and would call me on Monday February 20 because they had a backlog. He mentioned they would do diagnostic on the vehicle to determine what exactly the problem was.

Monday, February 20, Bob notified that the transmission was gone and that it would cost $5,200 to rebuild the transmission. I stated that was entirely too high, why would I pay $5,200 for a rebuilt transmission, when I could purchase a new transmission from the dealer for $3,900. I told him that this price was ridiculous and I would come to retrieve my vehicle. He then notified me that I would have to pay $795 to put the transmission back in my vehicle. I was stunned because I never signed or gave authorization to have the transmission taken out of vehicle only to determine if the problem was the transmission. On Tuesday, February 21, a certified mechanic and I went to retrieve vehicle, only to be told that the price to rebuild the vehicle was $6,200 (the price changed) and $795 was due. The mechanic informed the shop that they didn't have to drop the transmission to determine if it was gone, they could have driven the vehicle or put on a machine and inform me that the transmission was gone and gave the cost. This was not done nor did I sign a contract.

AAMCO is refusing to return my vehicle unless I pay them $795 to reinstall the transmission. At no point did I sign or authorize to have any work performed.

Comments

in texas its

A LMOST

A NY

M EXICaN

C AN

O VERHAUL

just sayin, and its true

I'm sorry this happened to you. If it makes you feel any better, they do this to men, women, boys and girls, anyone who has a car with an automatic. Its their standard operating procedure. Do you know what AAMCO stands for?

All

Automatics

Must

Come

Out

Talk to a lawyer, get some tips for taking them to small claims court.

Aamco Reviews