Back in Dec 18 I dropped my car off because of transmission problems, this trans had been rebuilt by another Aamco it had 20,000 miles when it failed. My shop said it is un-repairable. That being said I had the shop pull the trans and paid the $750.00 for the R&R. The shop is in Taylorsville, UT

Here we are today 2/15/19 my car is still sitting there not fixed. The shop tells me every two weeks they can't find a replacement. I have been shopping too, I have set up re-mans with at least three different places and every time my Aamco tells me it wont work, after waiting for 3 or more days for an update, sometimes two weeks I have to call them.

This is a 1996 Ford Explorer (built Jan.96) with a 4R55E, VIN 1FMDU34X2TUB87961, 4.0 engine. I had another re-man set up yesterday that said they could build me one, matching electrical (computer stuff) it had no sensors, no VSS which is just like mine. My Aamco called and said it would not work in my car because the trans case # did not match mine, mine is 97GT7006-BAR. The re-man shop said that did not matter if it wasn't an exact match, if it has *** drilled for sensor they cap it off.

It doesn't matter what I try Aamco refuses to even try it. I have given them full authority to buy something but that doesn't work either. Can I please get someone with tech support to help this shop get this going. At this time I do not want a core rebuilt by Aamco.

Please help get this resoled, I like the folks at the shop, but something seems amiss, I just want my car fixed. If what they tell me is correct and you concur with what they say so be it, but if not straighten them.

Eric McRae

West Valley, UT

801-657-8547

68gttorino@gmail.com

Product or Service Mentioned: Aamco Car Repair.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Chanda

Seems to me they should have hire the qualified Center Manager (Woman that knows her stuff)..that knows how to source out transmissions and parts when they had the chance..its all about money with these shops until they have a complaint like this that will cost them at least 2500 to remove from this site.. In the past 15 years many of these trucks/SUV's have passed my desk without this type of problem..you could have done worse going to Tanner..

Aamco Reviews