Update added by user Mar 20
I took my truck back to Aamco Transmission in Signal Hill Ca.for the (4th Time) to get my transmission leak fixed.
David put my truck up on a lift again and found out that the rubber seal around the dip stick tube was leaking. David showed me where it was leaking. It states in the estimate that all the seals would be replaced. I’m not sure if Aamco considers that a seal or not, or if the mechanics at Aamco just missed replacing it, ether way David had the seal replaced and that stopped the leak.
I am now a satisfied customer of Aamco.(Not A Happy Aamco Customer, Just A Satisfied One).
Original review posted by user Mar 10
Aamco Transmission Complaint
I changed my truck transmission filter & fluids and found a piece of metal at the bottom of the transmission oil pan. I was not sure what the metal piece was.
I took my truck to Roen & Rico AAMCO at 1040 E. Willow St., Signal Hill Ca. and showed the metal piece that I found in the transmission oil pan to a man named David. David told me that it is part of an overdrive snap ring. He then gave me a hand written estimate on a piece of paper from O’Reillys Auto Parts Store (Right Then, I Should Have Realized That This Is A Mickey Mouse, Fly By Night Business). The written estimate was for $1,200.00. David then told me that it would take about 2 days for the repairs.
I dropped my truck off at Aamco at 8 am to get my transmission worked on. I then went to Enterprise and rented a truck.
David called me and told me that my truck was finished and ready to be picked up, I returned the rental truck & picked up my truck at Aamco and paid $2,581.06 in repairs.
I backed my truck out of the driveway and noticed a large oil spot. I got out and seen it was a reddish color, I took a picture of it. It was transmission fluid. I took my truck back to Aamco and showed David the picture of the spot. David told me to come back on Monday because today (Saturday) the shop was only open till 12pm (Half Day On Saturday). I started to complain about driving all that way and then David asked one of his employees to get under the truck and tighten the transmission pan bolts. David told me to come back Monday if it starts leaking again.
There is another spot of trans fluid on the driveway again, My truck is still leaking trans fluid. I took it back to Aamco to get it checked out (3rd Time). David told me that it may be the new front seals or the re-manufactured tork converter that Aamco installed is leaking. David told me that he needed to take the trans back out and check it out. I left my truck again (3rd Time) at Aamco, David had one of his employees drive me home.
I picked up my truck again.
There is more trans fluid on the driveway this morning. THE LEAK WAS NOT FIXED!!!
I am so sick and tired of this company!!!!!
Now I don’t know what I’m going to do, bring it back to Aamco for the 4th time or what?!?!
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Level of professionalism
- Reason of review:
- Still leaking trans fluid.
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Aamco Transmission Repair
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "My father went in one day to get his truck's tires aligned and the truck was dropped. Not only were there external damages, but also internal. They had promised him..."
- "My generator’s engine self destructed in less than one day’s operation on a light load.I took it to a B&S dealer for warrantee repair and after a cursory inspection was..."
- "Direct Buy Warranty is a scam. I am confused how this company has been able to rip people off for so long and get away with it, is New Jersey..."
- "This review is valid exercise of my constitutional rights of freedom of speech and petition for the redress of grievances per CAL. CCP. CODE 425.16 : California Code - Section..."
- "I did a search. The report listed nothing! No marriages, no divorces. No arrest records, nothing! It did list the previous addresses, but that was it...."
- "We rented a house in Long Beach that used this Merry Maids location to clean the house in between renters. There were 10-12 bags of rotting trash from a previous..."
- "I ordered something on ali express and made payment through my debit card. Amount got debited from my account. but i cancelled order before verification. although payment has been made..."
- "We have had several epic fails with otterbox but we got the new samsung galaxy s7 for my husband on black friday. They didnt have any lifeproof cases in so..."
- "Big time violation. The management allowed a lady who is a close friend to move everything from her filthy apartment into my 80 year old aunts apartment after the ***..."