Salt Lake City, Utah

I recently took my Jeep Cherokee into an Ammco Transmission center to have the transmission fluid changed; a simple preventative maintenance job. As I sat in the waiting room they brought out a bent and mangled dipstick tube that runs to the transmission fluid pan.

They proceeded to tell me that they broke it as they were removing the pan. I was a little disgruntled but things happen and I was confident that they would make it right, I was wrong. They called the dealership for a new part but it would take two days in order to get it in. They suggested that I should not drive my vehicle without the tip stick tub.

They then referred me to a local dealership where I was to go get the part and also PAY for the part that they had broken!! They then charged me full price for the service and no compensation. Did I mention that it will take four days to get the part because of the weekend.

In short Ammco broke my Jeep, made me pay for it, and left me without a car for four days, all for a simple transmission fluid change.

Worst customer service I have ever had. DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Funny I've never seen a transmission that requires removal of the dipstick tube to remove the trans pan for a simple service. ....

something smells like bull shi* 20 years in the automotive industry and yeah reeks of bs.

How can you tell people not to take their car to Aamco by just one little accident you had?

Newsflash people, Aamco is locally owned and operated just like any other garage, they simply get to use the name Aamco because they pay for that privilege.

I had a complete transmission swap and custom rear-end built by Aamco and it was the cheapest place that would do it, and the only place that would take on a custom job.

Aamco Reviews