Norwood, Massachusetts

I am very dissatisfied with this shop and their business practices.

After dropping off my 2000 Tahoe for their advertised special for a "free check engine light diagnosis" Jamie, the owner, called me back and told me that I needed a rebuilt transmission.

My truck was working fine other than the light being on but I figured that they were Aamco "the transmission experts" so they knew what they were talking about.

I asked how much it was going to cost and was told that they need to remove my transmission and disassemble it before they could give me any kind of price. I was a little suspicious of this and I told them that I was just gong to pick up my car.

At that point they told me that they started on it already. When I told them that I didn't give them permission to take out my transmission they eventually backed off and told me that I could pick it up.

I then took my car to another transmission repair shop to get it looked at and get an estimate (I'm going to leave out their name because they said that they don't like to speak negatively about other shops).

Get this, they called me back and said that my engine light was on because my gas cap was either bad or not screwed in right the last time I got gas. The cleared the light and told me to pick up my car- no charge. So far, a month later the light is still out.

After talking to a few people on the web and looking at the "rip off report" http://www.ripoffreport.com . I found out that this kind of thing is commonplace with Aamco shops- if you bring your car there for anything, they won't let you leave without getting your transmission rebuilt. I also found out that this same shop was in Mahwah (about 10 miles away) but their business practices were so bad that they had to move and find new "suckers".

I'm really glad that I went with my gut and avoided being ripped off by these guys. I would strongly recommend that you stay away from this shop.

Comments

AAMCO Butler New Address: 362 Lincoln Ave, Hawthorne, NJ 07506

Phone: (973) 291-8522

#971971

They are horrible people. They do not know how to fix cars.

Totally ripped me off, took forever to get my car to work right. Had to keep bringing my car back to them numerous times over a 6 month period.

Left my car with no gas, tracy in the car and even promised to pay for a rental car for me and their check BOUNCED!!! Stay far away from this shop.

aamco butler nj screwed me to i just another sucker for them stay far away from this shop at all cost.

Uhhh yeah, so we hear had some car problems, they said we need a part replaced, very nice guy, he puts on a front though because hes strictly money you can tell. We got dooped, we left, same problem as before.

GET THIS, he calls me the next morning, he says, "bring it in when you come back up, there are some more problems with the car that should be attended to" dude is straight hustling unnecessary car repair.

be weary. dont let the charm fool ya.

THIS SHOP IS TERRIBLE! GO ANYWHERE BUT HERE!

I HAD THE WORST MECHANIC EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE HERE. AGREE WITH THE GUY ABOVE, STAY AWAY!

Point blank. The guys at ammco butler are great guys.

They care about people and are the nicest people you will meet. Terrible that fustrated individuals go to such extent to slander the good name of Mike and jamie

You need to get a life....

@martincedzidlo@aol.com

friends of buisness owner need not comment on services, of course he'll give you a good look.

He screwed me too. I wish I had read this website first.

STAY AWAY FROM BUTLER AAMCO in NJ