Los Angeles, California

I went to AMMCO in Glendale,CA. Had I read the reviews I would have never stepped foot there.

Anyways they charged me 89.99 for a diagnostic, which I was fine with. Even though I already knew what was wrong with the car, but I agreed to it because I wanted and estimate of the cost to repair. John told me to give them a couple of hours and they would call me back. I told them I didn't have a way to get home, so he told me they would give me a ride home and pick me up when my car was done.

I go home, two hours pass they call me and tell me exactly what I already know the transmission grinds. They estimate the cost at around 1500. I tell them i don't have that kind of money. He starts insisting that I do the repairs or my transmission might get damaged further, even though I have had this problem for almost forty thousand miles.

He keeps pushing forward "do you have credit? Do you have someone that can lend you money?". Long story short they tell me they can't pick me up because "they have no one available" and they tell me if I don't pick up my car by 4:45 that they will close. My only other option is to ride my bicycle to Glendale but there is no way I can make it in time before they close.Of course they say they can pick me up the next day.

Now I'm stuck with no car for the night so I can't pick up my wife from work at midnight and I work tomorrow morning.

Had I known they were going to leave me stranded I would have never agreed to any of this. I figured I would pay for an estimate and this is what 89.99 dollars gets me.

Comments

It is fair game to say you cannot/will not pay the price quoted when you realize that you are being ripped off. My quote started at $129, then $1500 and by the next day $3000.

My response, I do not have that kind of money.

I took my car to AAMCO because the check engine light came on and not because I was experiencing any problem with my vehicle. I am now trying to get my vehicle back and am being told that I will need to pay over $600 for the work they did in trying to determine the reason for my check engine light (which had gone off by the time I took it to them).

Anyone with a right mind knows NEVER go to Aamco for a transmission repair. They've been the biggest scammers in auto repair for DECADES. How *** can you be?

But let me ask you this. If you're driving an older car, you have to set aside a significant amount of $$$ for repairs. Suppose you'd actually gone to a real transmission shop that's honest and does good work and they told you say, "$1,300 to fix it right and you'll be all set." And you tell them "I don't have that kind of money."

If you can't pay for it, then what the *** are you even doing driving a car???

I dont suppose asking for a 89.99 estimate constitutes " no money" .And I beleive his statement read "they offered to run me home and pick me up "

I am confused as to how someone with no money expects a business to provide a service to you, just to confirm "what you already know".

Aamco Reviews