After Market Warranty | Aamco review from Mesa, Arizona

5.0
1. I need to speak with you corporate office responsible for managing "after market" auto warranty programs. 2. I am not angry or "pissed" at anyone. 3. I am striving to save us both potential issues. Regards, J Shaver
Service
Aamco Truck Repair

Charged for a rebuilt transmission when the problem was a brake issue | Aamco review from Mesa, Arizona

My wheels locked up on my 2003 Subaru Forrester and was charged 2000.00 for a supposed transmission. Had the vehicle towed to Aamco on Country Club in Mesa for diagnostics. They stated that they would need to charge 500.00 to pull the transmission. I asked if it was a transmission issue they said yes. Picked up vehicle 2 weeks (apx) later and left after paying 1000.00 cash and financing 1000.00 Took vehicle back to Aamco after the problem persisted only to find it was a spring connected to the brakes called hill assist. They fixed the problem with the spring but did nothing to alleviate the 2000.00 charged initially. Each time I called spoke to Tony.
Review
Pros
  • People
Cons
  • Professionalism
  • Service
Reason of review
Worked performed dint solve issue
Loss
$2000
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • brake problem
  • wrong work performed

AAMCO still has my car and it's been almost three weeks

What can I do short of calling the police to make AAMCO give me back my car. After 10 days at their shop they called me and said my car is done. I sent the Mesa mechanic to pick it up to make sure they had fixed the problem. Well they didn't it went right back into AAMCO after I paid over $4,000 dollars in repairs. It is now 9 days later and they say they are waiting for a part. What can I do? I am in Mesa AZ. The shop is at Southern and Ellsworth in Mesa.

The Aamco NIGHTMARE!

We took our car in because it wasn’t shifting correctly. At first we were assured it could be fixed, and were charged $1500. Two days later we were informed that the problem they “repaired” wasn’t the problem, and it would cost an additional $900 to “fix” it this time. We refused to pay this additional cost. When we asked them to put our car back as it was and refund our money they refused. Long story short, it took them 24 days to reset our computer (resetting a computer takes approx. 1 hour). Our car went to 3 different locations in AZ (9723 E Southern Ave., 5026 E Main, and 2341 S Val Vista). Every day we had to call and speak to managers. In the end, though we DID pay for many frivolous repairs, I will admit, it seemed to be shifting correctly. The HUGE crack in our windshield when we got it back though was not Aamco’s problem, since we couldn’t PROVE it wasn’t there when we brought the car in. What a nightmare!

Had a bad experience with the Aamco on Country Club in Mesa AZ. Fixed the wrong problem and charged 2000.00 for a spring.

@Anonymous

Also reported to AZ AG office.

I had a very bad experience with this company and advice all people not to bring your car there. they will rip you off.

and there is nothing you can do about it.

they even took part from my car. the worse worse worse worse worse company ever.

Stay away for your own good

Less than a week later, and the shifting problem returned. Needless to say this time we took it to the dealer.

In the end, the windshield will remain cracked until it's considered illegal or until we can afford to replace it. None of this is Aamcos problem, but Aamco sure caused many problems for us.

View more comments (3)