I dropped off my truck on Monday to have a leak fixed in one of my transmission lines on my 2008 Ford F-150. I picked the truck up after work on Monday, and paid $150.

After I got home, I went under the truck to see what they fixed. To my surprise, there was no repair at all, to any of the transmission lines, and my leak was still there. I called them on Tuesday morning to tell the service guy. He said bring it in, and he will take care of it.

So I dropped it off on my lunch break. I showed up after work again, and he said they did not have time to look at it. I called my wife to come pick me up. In the meantime the mechanic came out to get my truck.

So I went out to ask him if he would like me to show him where the leak is. He was very short with me and said he could figure it out. I'm thinking to myself, that's weird because he couldn't figure it out yesterday. Any way, while I was waiting, I asked the service manager what they fixed yesterday for $150.

He was unable to tell me. He went on and on about the problems he is having with the Techs in the shop, and left it at that. Literally 15 minutes later my truck came out of the shop just as my wife showed up. My truck was done.

I drove around the corner and looked to see what he fixed. All he did was cut the transmission line with a die grinder without draining the fluid, slapped a piece of hose on it with 2 hose clamps, and called it good. I spent 20 minutes cleaning all the transmission fluid off the fan housing and frame. I am not sure if this is a good repair because if that hose blows off, I will be replacing the transmission.

I am an aircraft mechanic, and aerospace engineer for an aerospace company in the Naples, FL area, and I know that this repair is not acceptable.

Furthermore, if shop rate is $125 and hour lets say, and the rubber hose and hose clamps is $10, I would expect to only pay about $50. What bothers me most is the fact that they charged me $150 on Monday for nothing.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aamco Truck Repair.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments