9584 Cypress Creek Pkwy, Houston, TX 77070
Resolved
2.9

Update by user Mar 15

The General Manager at AAMCO called me directly to apologize and offer a refund.

Original review posted by user Mar 13

**** DO NOT TAKE YOUR VEHICLE TO AAMCO ****

AT 9584 F.M. 1960 WEST HOUSTON, TX 77070

My vehicle was towed to this AAMCO location because of a transmission problem.

We discussed the cost associated with fixing my transmission and I agreed to pay $3700 for repairs. I asked them to send me an email summarizing the quotation as we had discussed over the phone. A couple of days later, I received an email from AAMCO confirming the repair/charges as discussed. When I picked up my vehicle 5 days later, they produced a final invoice and charges for a total of $4600.

WHAT?!??! In addition to fixing my transmission, AAMCO took it upon themselves and fixed or replaced my front drive shaft - cv joint without consulting with me before doing the work. This additional work had nothing to do with the reason why I took my vehicle to AAMCO in the first place. I did not take my vehicle over to AAMCO and told them to fix whatever they see as necessary, this is not a blanket service order.

What would happen if I did not have the money to cover the additional expenses? What if I wanted to get a second opinion from a different mechanic? What if I could get this replace from another location for a cheaper price? How do I really know for sure that it needed to be replaced?

How do I know what they said they replaced was actually done?

Where’s the customer decision making in this process here? I AM TRYING TO GET INFORMATION OUT THERE TO HELP OTHERS FROM BECOMING POTENTIAL VICTIMS OF DECEPTIVE AND FRAUDULANT PRACTICES JUST TO MAKE MONEY.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aamco Truck Repair.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments