Chicago, Illinois

Over the course of 10 months I brought the car into the Aamco on Pickett St. in Alexandria a total of 6 times. Despite the inept service, I continued to allow Aamco to attempt the repairs because of a warranty i purchased. On each of these occasions I was without a car for a number of days. In all, Aamco had my car nearly one month of the 10 months since they originally “fixed” the transmission. Despite my efforts to mitigate damages by commuting to work with colleagues, I was required to miss more than 4 days of work at my full-time job because I did not have other transportation. I also had to miss time from work to take the car in/pick it up each time I had to bring the vehicle in for repair. On two occasions, I was required to rent a car. Obviously, the negligence of the staff at Aamco in repairing my vehicle resulted in significant monetary damages as well as requiring a considerable amount of my time.

I asked the staff, usually Fred, when I dropped the car off to give me a written explanation of what had been done to correct the problem. A few times he mentioned they made minor transmission adjustments when I came in to get the car but refused to provide me with written documentation.

Avoid this shop at all costs!

Comments

I had the same issue. Fred, the manager, is a crook!

Aamco Reviews