415 N 3rd St, Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814, USA
1.5

I paid $1800 to get my clutch repaired. Once my clutch was fixxed, I was told they tightened my shift linkage.

There was evidence they dismantled the center console, not needed for a clutch replacement. Once I received my vehicle back, I lost first and second gear. I called the Coeur d'Alene Idaho Aamco at which my car was repaired and they offered to tow it in or I could drive it in and they would fix the repair. I drove it to their location and they told me that a pinhead broke my shift linkage and that they would repair it.

Not even 30 days later. I was 450 miles from the Coeur d'Alene Aamco location in Boise Idaho. When in Boise, I lost my reverse gear. So I brought it into the Boise location on Fairview Avenue.

Once I was in the Boise location they alerted me that my vehicle had all gears and was working perfectly. I immediately drove to their location to inspect it myself. On the test drive with a technician we lost reverse gear and nearly immediately, and then we drove around the block and periodically lost second gear and fourth gear. I then left as a prepared to diagnose the problem.

After their diagnosis they realized that I had a, what Coeur d'Alene called temporary fix, where they use little pieces of metal to lock my linkage in where it was supposed to be clips. Also they zip-tied my linkage so that the cable would continue to work because of the damage that it received during removal. I was never alerted of any issues with the linkage during or after my repair with the Coeur d'Alene location. I would not have authorized a temporary fix when I just spent so much money to get it done the proper way.

The Coeur d'Alene location said they were willing to pay for the labor costs. But that they were not willing to pay for the parts. I was told in quotes that if they were to have broken my cable on removal I would still be responsible for the park.

In my opinion there neglects to properly remove the parts that I am paying them to remove does not justify me paying nearly $400 for the repair. As well as them not telling me that my car is now running on a temporary fix that is going to cause me to break down after I just spent so much money and was told that my car was inspected for any additional problems.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aamco Car Repair.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments