Again - Pottstown PA AAMCO.

Owner is good @ padding bills for labor and parts.

Unfortunately my young son was driving alone visiting a friend and staying that evening when the vehicle had broke, literally within pushing distance of AAMCO.

A Technician opened the hood to find the serpentine belt came off because the idler pulley bracket portion (inclusive bracket for a/c compressor & alternator) had broke.

Wanting to handle it himself, the owner informed him of a price

but it couldn't be repaired till the following day. Worse, he gave him cash to do it.

The vehicle was pushed from front of building to the side with a fenced lot. Yeah - That took a whole hour of labor.

Checked following day and vehicle would be done by closing @ 5 PM. They had closed early.

Vehicle remained behind fence for 4 1/2 days. Beware the fenced lot for your protection - keep believing if you want.

Shop did leave a serpentine belt in vehicle. No argument about the shop being compensated for the part. Until the $ - Local dealership charges half the price for a factory replacement part.

Found and bought required bracket and pulley myself.

Thanks for heads up guys - Unsatisfactory dealings with vendors.

Under shop observation, vehicle was removed from fenced lot and moved around corner in front of another establishment.

I performed the labor disassembling and reassembling taking less than an hour.

This is a crook! Figured a franchise business would have more professional people running them, LOL with AAMCO.

FYI - if you care to reach out . .

The owner is Doug Gregory

Company phone: 610-970-1844

Email: dgregory.6gllc@gmail.com

Had an Experience with Aamco?

Comments

This is a very old review.Doug Gregory no longer is involved with this shop or with AAMCO.

Current ownership has received "Superlative Customer Satisfaction" award for 2011, 2012 & 2013.Stop in, you'll be glad you did.

Not that it helps with what you went thru but the Pottstown Location is now under NEW OWNERSHIP!

Sorry to hear that. Please post more details about your experience at this shop. Especially with the owner(s)