Rebuilt trans in fl. taking it to nearby aamco 5 times

286 of 371 Aamco reviews

I HAD MY 96 DODGE RAM VAN 250 BREAK DOWN IN MOURBERN FLORIDA .IT COST ME AT THE AAMCO THERE 2500 DOLLARS TO REBUILD MY TRANS IN ORDER TO GET MY VAN BACK HOME IN RUNNEMEDE NJ. I ALWAYS KEEP UP WITH MY 3OOO MILE OIL CHANGE AT MIDAS.THEY NOTICED THAT MY TRANS WAS LEAKING IN 3 DIFFERENT LOCATIONS.SO I CALLED MY NEARBY AAMCO IN TURNERSVILLE NJ.I TOLD THEN THAT IT WAS LEAKING AND ALSO THAT IT WOULD SLIP.I LEFT IT OVER NIGHT ONLY TO GET A CALL THE NEXT DAY SAYING EVERYTHING WAS OK YO COME PICK IT UP.I TRUSTED THEM ONLY TO FIND OUT MY NEXT OIL CHANGE MIDAS TOLD ME IT WAS LEAKING STILL FOR ME TO COME SEE FOR MYSELF .I DID AND TOOK PICTURES WHILE THEY HAD IT ON THE LIFT.IT WAS LEAKING IN THREE DIFFERENT AREAS THE SENCER THE PAN AND ANOTHER AREA I CANT DEFINE.THEY CLEANED THE UNDERNETH FOR ME SO I COULD LET THEM SEE WHERE IT WAS COMING FROM.I WENT BACK MAYBE A WEEK LATER .WHEN THEY WERE DONE I PICKED IT UP .HE SAID THEY CHANGED A GASKET.I AKED FOR PAPERWORK HE NO NEED IT WAS OK.ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT WHEN MY MECHANIC WAS GONNA INSTALL SOME LEAFSPRINGS HE NOTICED THE LEAKS AND HE SAID WHOEVER REBUILT THIS TRANS SLOPPED PVC SEALENT WHERE THE DIPSTICK GOES INTO THE TRANS THEN PAINTED IT SILVER.I TOOK PICTUERS OF IT AND THE LEAKS.I CALLED THEM ONCE AGAIN TELLING THEM IT STILL SLIPS AND ABOUT THE DIPSTICK.THEY CLAIMED THEY DIDNOT DO THE DIPSTICK MAY FLORIDA DID.I TOOK IT BACK THEY CHECKED IT OUT THEY TOLD ME IT WAS THE SENSOR THE TRANS MOUNT AND SOME U BOLTS WHICH ITS GONNA COST ANOTHER 509.00 DOLLARS.I TOLD THEM I WOULD GET IT DONE BUT NOT BY THEM AND I WILL BRING IT BACK AFTERWARDS FOR ANOTHER AAMCO TO INSPECT.SO MY WARRENTY WONT VOID. PI'M TRUELY PISSED OFF FOR ALL THE TIME ,GAS,POOR WORKMANSHIP.I WANT SOME GRADAFICATION ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.PLEASE REPLY BACK.ASAP

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
286 of 371 Aamco reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Clif from Sacramento, CA

Sep 29, 2010 #195534

I took my vehicle in no less than 3 times to two different locations only to find the solution to this problem online - alldata.com. I even faxed this to the last shop. When I picked up the vehicle the fax was on the front seat and the mechanic - who could not speak english had disconnected the suspected vacuum solenoid in question. When I pointed to the fax in the vehicle he gave me a *** look. When I took him for a drive in the car with the module disconnected and AGAIN showed him the prolem he gave me an even stupider look! The BAR [Bureau of Automotive Repair] said that due to their gross incompetence that I "...owe them nothing!" This came out a full year later when they tried to again charge my MC Acct.!

Going to AAMCO Transmission is like going to a Denist you know has no pain killers - your lible to get the same work done [or not] but its sure going to hurt!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.