Featured Not resolved
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

Update by user Dec 26, 2018

Aamco now owned/handled by American Drive Line. I previously posted my nightmare with Aamco here in Denver.

For the past 6 months I have been contacting Corporate via phone (waste of time since no one is ever available) and also my email, which sometimes works. This company needs to know how many AAMCO shops are ripping off consumers every day and how many shops are NOT QUALIFIED to work on transmissions. This company needs to REPAY every single person they've ripped off. I've wasted my time and so much money (in rentals and "added" costs) trying to fix my car, which I now believe never needed a transmission rebuild.

So please, just keep calling and keep emailing until you get your money back or some resolution!! I'm almost there, finally got AAMCO corporate to agree to pay for my repairs at another NON AAMCO shop! We'll see if that actually happens, since I trust NO ONE at Aamco. The warranty is useless since the shop owners don't care!!

My car was at the shop over 3 months, on several visits, and 2 months on the last visit. I spent over $3800 on the transmission rebuild/repair AND over $1400 in rental car/Lyft ride costs while they were supposedly working on my car. I've caught the shop owner and manager in many lies, I wrote down every conversation, and still they lied!! They did not work on my car but instead let it sit there for 2 months, my new battery died too....

so something is very wrong with this company and many of its franchises. PLEASE keep writing and calling to make sure this company knows what is going on!!

Don't stop! Wishing you all LUCK in getting your paid work fixed in a "timely" manner once and for all!!!Contact Corporate and send complaint toccowan@americandriveline.commpekula@americandriveline.com

Update by user Dec 08, 2018

I have phoned and emailed Mike Pekula at Aamco Corporate Customer Care once again, over and over. It seems there is no support and no concern by either the Aamco store nor Corporate.

I am still waiting for some resolution, and now a REFUND. I do not want to take my car to another Aamco, nor do I trust anyone at this company to fix my car! It's been over a week since my last email/phone call. Every phone call goes to a voicemail and rarely gets returned.

I have called back so many times and never get to speak to a person. The only number given is the generic toll free customer service line where you can only leave message after message. It's pointless! Email contact is no better as it asks me to call back.

It's an endless circle of frustration. I am still waiting for an email with details on another shop to service my car, over a month. This has gone on long enough, since MAY, and now I just want a FULL REFUND!

I don't need the stress nor the worry about driving my car "safely". HELP!

Original review posted by user Nov 08, 2018

I'm still waiting to hear from Mike Pekula at Corporate, RE: another AAMCO shop for recheck of my transmission replaced last year. According to another AAMCO shop, under warranty work must be done by the original shop if located within 50 miles. I refuse to go back to a shop that clearly doesn't care, doesn't know how to fix my car's transmission, and has already wasted enough of my time and money!

It's sad that NO ONE at AAMCO will take responsibility for such horrible customer service and inadequate repairs. My transmission was replaced last year. Since then, my car has been back to AAMCO on several occasions for a period of over 3 months. The "check transmission" light has never turned off, and after continued attempts with Aamco, Colfax Ave, Aurora, CO, this issue is still NOT FIXED. Low transmission fluid errors continue, even after replacing fluid. Car continues to have issues, presently, Torque Converter/Torque Lockup Solenoid. I have not only lost money on car rentals, Lyft/Uber rides, but also down over $3800 in replacing the transmission which probably never needing replacing. This "check transmission" light was NEVER on before the car was taken to AAMCO. I have been treated like a "stupid woman", talked down to, and have caught both the owner and managers of this shop in several LIES. They have not done anything right!!!

I have since taken my car to another transmission shop, locally, non-AAMCO, for a second opinion. My dashboard lights "check transmission" and "check engine" have never turned off since my transmission was replaced last year. And the "check transmission" light was never on, until after my transmission was replaced. Somehow, even after the last visit to AAMCO on Colfax, Denver, CO, where they had my car for 2 months, it turned out the transmission fluid was 2 quarts low?? Even after "waiting for parts to rebuild transmission"??? Further proof of the lies from this store!

I am requesting a REFUND from AAMCO, for all the car rentals, lies, poor customer service, and non resolution of car repairs needed. This store clearly is NOT qualified to work on transmission, especially for Isuzu. I realize my car is 16 yrs old, parts for Isuzu are hard to find, and this car no longer sold in USA, but AAMCO told me they could repair my car. Instead, I have more issues than I had before I took my car to this store! I truly believe nothing was done after the initial transmission repair, and I'm still convinced transmission DID NOT need to be replaced.

REFUND my money!!!

I do not want any AAMCO repair shop working on my car!!!

Time to call the news, consumer reports and really get the job done!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Aamco Car Part Replacement.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Discrimination, Shoddy workmanship, Dishonesty, Treated in an ugly manor by owner.

Comments