joshua w Vga

| map-marker Denver, Colorado

Work environment

Not good. Treats 12 year employees with complete disrespect and extreme prejudice. Took.away my vacation time all together. Did not give me covid pay when I had covid. Offers no benefits what so ever.
Deanna C Ebs

Poor service

On February 2, 2024, I took my 2018 Nissan Armada to Brads Auto LLC / Aamco total car repair at 316 N. Polk Street in Pineville NC 28134.

I took it there because the vehicle was stalling and jerking a little bit. Prior to Planet Mistibushi had replaced spark plugs and coils. However, the problem persisted, and they suggested it may be the transmission. I spoke with Aamco and Brad the owner suggested towing it in so that he could look and properly diagnose.

As stated on invoice# I136316 he charged $250.00 for towing and for diagnostic and labor he charged $316.75. Brad claimed to have put $50.30 worth of gas in the vehicle because it was towed in with low fuel. As stated on the invoice there was a problem present because the previous repair had corrected it.

I picked up the vehicle and it drove fine up to February 21, 2024. On Sunday February 18,2024 the check engine light came on and I called Brad on Monday February 19,2024.

Brad had my vehicle towed to his shop to further diagnose. After having the vehicle for a week and a half approx. Brad sent a work order # J137887 on March 12, 2024, for diagnosis $123.75 stating that the vehicles high pressure fuel pump as well as the fuel pump had to be replaced totaling $3538.30 with a proposed completion date of 3-14-2024. While he was telling me what the problem was, he also stated that while removing the fuel pressure pump some of the pump broke and fell into my engine.

He stated that they retrieved as much as they could and would hope any remaining would not damage my engine. I asked can it all be removed, and he said no. I asked if he could perform an oil flush to see if anymore came out. He said that would not help and he hoped they got it all.

On Monday March 18 at 2:04 pm I received a text stating the vehicle was ready to pick up.

I picked up my vehicle (invoice I136465) and drove from Pineville to my home in Charlotte. As soon as I backed in my driveway the vehicle started sputtering and acting like it wanted to cut off. I pressed the gas a little and it caught and started right back. The very next day I notified Brad that the vehicle was doing the same thing.

Which was acting like it was not getting gas and vibrating a little.

Brad sent a tow truck the next day (March 20) to see what the problem was. After a few days Brad called to say it was his worse fear and that was the engine. He then proceeded to quote me a price of $10,000.00 -$12,000.00. Brad told me to ask the bank for $12,000.00 to cover all costs.

I told him I would call him back with my decision. After doing further research I discovered that the metal was the cause of the engine failure. I also discovered that some metal is normal due to normal wear and tear. Brad stated that shards of metal had fallen into the engine.

Because the failure to look for metal in the screens and filter, or ignoring what is found, can lead to catastrophic engine failure.

At this point I was mechanically exhausted and arranged for a tow truck to retrieve my vehicle.

Brad never expressed that he would right the wrong of his technician Andre Lucero. His only concern was getting more money.

I feel as though he should have at least either repaired the engine due to their negligence or offered a refund for the pending financing. A man is only good as his word and work and at this point neither is credible.

I am trying to keep a tough situation from turning worse. I have been advised to arbitrate this issue directly with the owner before moving forward.

Kindly respond with your intentions.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Everything about them

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: do not use

Verified Buyer
| map-marker Surprise, Arizona

I'm very interested in the regional manager position

AAMCO - I'm very interested in the regional manager position
AAMCO - I'm very interested in the regional manager position - Image 2
AAMCO - I'm very interested in the regional manager position - Image 3
I dont have a complaint, Im interested in the regional support manager position for the Phoenix Area. I worked at a center manager and regional manager in the Salt Lake City area sor years. I have 18 years experience in transmissions. I was hoping someone from corporate could call me , Im very interested in this position. My mobile number is (602) 317-****. My email is coltwright45@***.com Please help me connect with the right person at corporate.
William Jav

Verified Reviewer

Very Unprofessional location and customer service

AAMCO - Very Unprofessional location and customer service
AAMCO - Very Unprofessional location and customer service - Image 2
AAMCO - Very Unprofessional location and customer service - Image 3

Called for a quote for a clutch install was given a price and was told to bring it in so I did about 2pm on 1-15-24 was told they do a once over the vehicle before they start to see if anything else needs done theyll call me and let me know if theirs anything else by end of day or by noon 1-16-24. So on Tuesday 1-16 I never heard anything so at the end of my work day I swung by saw my vehicle out side figured it must be done so I went inside to ask about it.

The guy behind the counter had no clue why it was in the shop I told him a clutch he said his manager was out but he'll call me soon so I left unhappy of course. Tuesday night at 5:25pm I called because I still didn't hear anything and i know they close at 5:30 I was told the manager is gone for the day but he makes calls up to 8:30pm with updates. So on wensday 1-17-24 I heard nothing all day at 1pm I stopped by and asked the manager what was going on with my vehicle he said they still had time to possibly get it done. I responded with NO NO ill just take my vehicle you've never even called me after 3days or 2.5 days that's a sign.

They bring out my JEEP WRANGLER UNLIMITED that I've been going thru replacing everything and the brand new carpet is covered in grease you can see the foot prints pluse the big smug at the top left of the photo. I went inside and asked the manager 3 times if he wanted to see it before I left he shrugged his shoulders then as I was leaving he came out and said he can try to clean it with a rag and simple green..

I said no thank you that will make it worse.. VERY VERY UNHAPPY and would like a call from someone at corporate please...

Pros:
  • No customer service at all

Preferred solution: My carpet professional cleaned to remove the grease.

User's recommendation: If your going to use AAMCO go to a different location

Manas Hxn

| map-marker Los Angeles, California

Work that I had done at Amoco dealer

I went in because my power steering was acting up they told me they had to rebuild my transmission,got it back after it being there four days longer, and they didn't put my hood cover on,and power steering would make a grinding noise(they admitted to hearing it but gave it back making a new noise) and they installed a part wrong( they had to bring someone to grow my car and the tow man said it was installed wrong he fixed it and still towed it) that part caused my car to go in park but on the dash it said drive the car was rolling in my garage. I panicked turned it on and off still the same and I put my e break on to stop it, lightly hit my garage wall,called ammcco they got a tow guy.

They didn't update me on my car and kept it a night, than told me to come in and as I'm on my way they close 10 min early after saying my I'm almost there,they didn't say they were closed till Tuesday either. They didn't order the cover like said they lied saying it's hard to find but I showed them millions on ebay,they had to write a check for a new one, didn't charge me for fixing the part installed wrong but proceeded to tell me why my power steering was grinding and said I can had $50 off for the work they can do on it to fix it. Even though that's why I brought my car in originally. You'd think if they rebuilt a transmission they'd know they caused the noise,idk how u forget a big engine cover, Install something wrong that I crashed,gave my car back the first time before I crashed with chips,scratches,and a saggy front bumper, second time my car had foot prints on the dash I sent pictures to them, oil on the seat and greasy marks every where inside, plus all my headlights and blinkers were out but were changed before brought in and headlight covers scratched, the last time they gave my car back after fixing there mistake my stability control and traction control is messed up saying to be serviced.

I couldn't even say anything after they destroyed my car that I can't drive and now take the bus. I'm currently speaking with lawyers to see if they can pay for my traction and stability control to be fixed or let me go to a different ammcco to have it done. That location destroyed my life. I struggle every day trying to get around.

I spent so much on my transmission and my grandma passed the same week I have been depressed for months.

You guys made me lose my job since I didn't have a ride and now I bus to my new one. If proof of damage or receipt is wanted by the company go to the location or contact me I don't want it public.

User's recommendation: They are scammers to young women

Verified Buyer
| map-marker Brandon, Florida

My service & warranty

AAMCO - My service & warranty
AAMCO - My service & warranty - Image 2
AAMCO - My service & warranty - Image 3

Had my car towed to Aamco location 11612 Florida Ave. Tampa, Florida on 10/9/23 to have the transmission fixed.

I got my car back on 10/13/23 then on 10/23/23 my transmission being to drive like it was before it was supposedly fixed. I took it back to this same location they kept it for one day & claimed it was something else wrong not the transmission. I took my car to a different Aamco location to get a second opinion. They inspected the transmission where it was determined that it was the torque converter was faulty.

Since this has been confirmed my car is still currently in the shop right now at this very current moment. I MOST DEFINITELY would NOT recommend Aamco location 11612 Florida Ave.

Tampa, FL this location is a place that you should AVOID this shop at all cost go somewhere else. Oh I almost forgot to mention they charged me $4,828.15 & my car is still in the shop AVOID this shop.

User's recommendation: Don’t do business with this shop period they’re a ripoff.

Shelby W Qgn
map-marker Evansville, Indiana

3 Transmissions in 1 truck!

I've been taking my Truck to aamaco in Evansville IN, and it has been the WORST mistake I've ever made! Its been less then 2 years and I'm on my 3rd Transmission on my Chevy Silverado!

Mind you this is a truck I barely drive! So I shouldn't have many problems occur! I was informed that 2 different guys installed the first 2 Transmissions, Cause at first I thought user error, Now I'm thinking it's The manufacturer themselves, the actual rebuilt Transmissions from this company! I am by FARRRRR fed up!

There's Literally NO way I should half to go through 3 TRANSMISSIONS! 3!!!???!!! I can't even love my truck like I want too because of this, and am eventually gonna half to trade it in! Because of this issue.

I wanted to keep this Vehicle and pay it off but NOOOOO! So Thankyou so so much Aamaco for your *** Transmissions!

Cons:
  • Transmissions
  • Timing
  • Communication

Preferred solution: A Refund of the total cost of a new Transmission so I can take it Elsewhere to get fixed.

User's recommendation: Stay away from Aamaco, Especially if it involves Transmission work!

Guest

i am going through the same thing if you could please contact me at sugardime1@***.com. Our problems are eeeeearlily simular.

Patricia B Pof

Verified Reviewer

Aamco is a nightmare. Horrible customer service

Took vehicle in for transmission issue. Would not go into reverse and drive. It is an automatic so I was able to drive to shop using the gears. No noise like clunking whining or anything like that. Got vehicle back and NOW it "clunks" loudly going into reverse and I took it back twice. They didn't fix it. Now it is doing that from park to drive. Also 2 dents on back of vehicle where they obviously hit something. The person who owns thus one is David Banks. He is very condescending and rude.

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Do not take vehicle for repairs at Aamco

joshua w Vga

Work environment

Did not get to talk to anyone. But the workplace environment is getting bad. We are now getting out vacation days taken due to slow work to no work. Last years pay was down $12,000. And so far this year looks to be even worse. I am now the mechanic. Builder. And shop Forman. The boss is rarely around and when he is it is basically just to talk down to myself and the other employee. Both of us have been here over 12 years. We have no benefits what so ever and now out paid vacation I'd being taken away aswell.
$12000
Ronda R Dea

Warranty. Transfer

I purchased a vehicle from a private party. The vehicle was under warranty for a rebuilt tranny, 18K miles/18 months starting 9-2022. To date, the vehicle only has 2000 miles on the rebuilt tranny. The check engine light came on and indicated tranny trouble. I took it to the shop that did the work and was informed that the warranty was NOT transferrable and that my cost would be $770.00. This is not fair.

Elizabeth P Zow

| map-marker Aurora, Colorado

Aamco

I never received a phone call from corporate AAMCO . Not only did it take 3 weeks to get my vehicle out of AAMCO hands, they did not put all my transmission parts in my car. ( had to flat bed tow my car because they couldnt seem to get my transmission back into my car) This AAMCO on Colfax in aurora Colorado has to the worst managed owned / run shop.
Loss:
Pros:
  • No pros
Cons:
  • Owner manager mechanic
  • Owner manager is aware

Preferred solution: The money that it is now costing me to repair my vehicle. AAMCO voided my warranty and are responsible for the cost.

User's recommendation: Do not ever go there

Lupe V Zyw

Complaintafter a year of my transmission being fixed a yr later now its my valve body would not recommend

Had my transmission done in 2023 a year later warranty expired now the valve body needs to be replaced how convenient is that I would not recommend
Loss:

Preferred solution: My valve body replaced

Greg A Tyh

Poor customer Service

Hello, I went to your Aamco East Hartford, CT seeking assistance for my vehicle, which failed an emission test. There was a gentleman at the front desk.

He has a pony tail and was on the phone with someone. So I waited for him to finish his call. Another woman walked in from the shop. Neither acknowledged my presence.

She spoke with him for about three to four minutes and went back to the shop. Meanwhile, the man continued with his conversation. At a point, he brought out his lunch and started eating. In all of this time, he never said a word to me.

As far as he was concerned, I was not there. After about 10 minutes, I left the store.

I felt so disrespected by this person that I am compelled to write your company. I am a black person and do not know why he acted in the manner he did. Perhaps, I am not worth his time.

I will report this incident to the Better Business Bureau.

This individual does not deserve the job he has. Thank you

Preferred solution: Nothing. Find better people to run your shops. If it is a franchise, buy back the franchise and sell it to someone who understands what they are doing.

User's recommendation: Don't go there

map-marker San Bernardino, California

Poor workmanship on our Jeep Liberty.

This company should not be in business, after dealing with this manager we were very upset to have our Jeep towed back from aamco only to have it not start for the 3rd time, when we called back again we were told that there was nothing more they would do, we had the jeep towed there to have the transmission repaired and was told the transmission was fine after they serviced it but they said the engine was bad, the engine ran fine when it was towed to aamco, they said that they will have to replace the engine with a good used one, so my wife said to go ahead not knowing that the engine that was in it was perfectly good, anyways we paid $2800.00 dollars to have a used motor put in it, they said it was done and we could not drive it because the tags were expired so we had AAA tow it back and forth 3 different times because everytime it got towed back to our home it would not start, put the key in and turn the key and nothing, after 3 times coming back they refused to fix the jeep and it still sits here not running, called corporate and also got brushed off. We are filing a Lawsuit against Aamco transmission for this whole ordeal we went thru.

User's recommendation: Never use Aamco transmission for any work!

Guest

Please contact me at sugardime1@***.com. I am going through the same thing with them and i'm now preparing to sue them and take it to the news.

He needs to be shut down!! Thanks

Elizabeth P Zow

| map-marker Denver, Colorado

Horrible

Never ever get to AAMCO. Lie cheat and steal. Never return phone calls Took transmission out of my car BEFORE the warranty company approved it! Warranty will not pay for for repair and AAMCO will not take responsibility for the mistake!
Matthew H Zny
map-marker Cedar Park, Texas

Thoroughly Disgusted

AAMCO - Thoroughly Disgusted

Attaached is my correspondence with aamco of Cedar Park Texas via the BBB.

Complaint Details

So I brought my F150 in here with an oil leak. I was told it was my rear main seal and ended up spending $1,900 on a rear main seal replacement(which after shopping around discovered I paid more than what I should have per competion).

Upon getting it back the leak was still present. I brought it back in with the understanding it would be covered under warranty. I was then told it was the oil pan gasket and while initially they were going to charge me, they ultimately agreed to replace it at no cost. Upon picking my truck up after having it there for two weaks due to one excuse after another(including people out with covid)I proceeded to open my hood the next morning and realized that they had left a funnel in my enginge block causing oil to splatter as the oil cap was obviously not put back.

On top of that my battery cable was not tightened causing my battery light indicator to come on. Upon calling the shop they sent a tow truck to pick it up and after a number of hours told me everything checked out okay at which time I went and picked up my truck. Only to discover the next morning that I still have an oil leak, so after spending $1,900 the issue was never fixed. Needless to say if I could give a negative rating I absolutely would.

Desired Outcome/Settlement

Desired Settlement: Refund None Provided

From the Business on Friday, July 7, 2023

2/28/2023 Matt Hoenig came into AAMCO Transmissions.

he said he had an oil leak. The vehicle was raised in the air on a lift. It was then spray cleaned with brake wash. The engine was blown dry.

The engine was started so we could identify where the leak was coming from. The rear main seal had a steady drip. So we had to remove the transmission to replace the rear main seal

6/21/2023 Matt Hoenig returned to AAMCO Transmissions stating he had an oil leak, The same procedure was done to clean the engine so we could identify where the leak was coming from, After running for a while we noticed the oil pan gasket was leaking. Since we didn't replace the oil pan gasket it wasn't under warranty.

When Matt Hoenig was notified and given an estimate he got angry and made several threats. So we did it at no charge.

Matt Hoenig's vehicle is a 2012 Ford F150 with a 5 liter engine. It had 173,730 miles on it. Texas heat is rough seals and gaskets over time they will all need to be replaced.

The rear main seal and oil pan gasket have a 90 day warranty.

From the Consumer on Saturday, July 8, 2023

Complaint: 2025****

I am rejecting this response because:

Regards,

Matthew Hoenig

Matthew Hoenig

The mere fact that you deflect responsiblility that you failed to fix my oil leak and left my vehichle in a potential dangerous state by not tightening the battery cable and leaving an oil funnel in my engiine speaks volumes.

Your comment regaring me getting angry and issuing several threats is also laughable as I simply stated that I was told by John(who I realize is no longer there) that I have a twelve month warranty and to bring it in at anytime. Now you are stating that I only have a 90 day warranty even though my work order clearly states twelve months. As far as "several threats" that is absolutely false and you know it. I simply said I would blast you in social media.

At this stage I am not going back and forth with your repair shop.

Please consider this my formal demand for a refund of the original work order in the amountof $1,804.10 resulting from defective mechanic work.

Should I not receive an acceptable resolution within ten business from the date of this notice(07/08/2023), I'll promptly file this case in small claims court. And assuming I win and obtain a money judgment, which will be part of the public record available to credit agencies, I will exhaust all legal rights and remedies in order to collect.

Matt Hoenig

From the Business on Friday, July 14, 2023

God Bless and have a good day.

User's recommendation: Stay away

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article