Verified Reviewer

Update by user Nov 30, 2020

No one has contacted me from Aamco. It is bad enough that the manager was the one who damaged the catalytic converter when he revved the engine high and I lost power to the whole car.

My husband and I are paying over $4,000 with the principle and interest only to think that the store is getting kick backs from the financial institution to screw people over who are living on a fixed income.

I refuse to go back and get into a *** match with the manager. He did no paperwork regarding what he did for the catalytic converter so basically it's my word against the manager.

Original review posted by user Oct 29, 2020

Took car to local center for leak check after cooling system repair. Leak fixed no charge.

I knew about the misfire I had and was having someone change plugs and coils. The manager asked me about and I told him I was taking care of that issue. He proceeded to rev the engine. I got less than a 1/4 mile from shop and had loss of power.

I walked back to shop and let the manager know what happened. It got checked out and they check to find the problem. The catalytic converter was clogged, they banged out what was clogging it. I NEVER had a problem until I took my car here.

Car will not pass smog now.

Will never go back. They rip people off by recommending finance company that charges 152% interest rate.

User's recommendation: Avoid at all costs.

Preferred solution: Full refund of funds paid to EasyPay finance.

AAMCO Cons: Made more problems with car.

Location: 133 South Euclid Street, Fullerton, CA 92833