Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I had taken my car to Aamco to have the transmission replaced in July. They gave me a quote that seemed a little high and I couldn't afford it at the time, so I bought a transmission with a 101 day warranty and took it to them to install. They told me it would take about a week til they could get around to it. I was fine with that except I called everyday and they kept telling me it would be done tomorrow.

After a week and a half, the guy tells me the trans. wouldn't work because it was $1,100 and a 30 day warranty but they wouldn't put it in writing. I drove it for 5 days and then it started making all these noises. I took it back to them and they said the trans. was fine but it needed an axle and a bunch of other parts. Bill= $600. By the way, the *** I was dealing with previously was fired or quit or something.

Drove the car for a week and the trans. left me stranded 2 hours away from home. Had AAA tow it to Aamco. They said there was no warranty on any of the previous work and were going to charge $450 just to look at it. I argued with the guy for about an hour and didn't get anywhere. I had a tow truck come and get the car. Ended up paying $1700 and was without a car for 2 months.

Comments

#191707

I have heard a lot of complaints on used transmissions. You go to a jewlery store to buy jewels, what did you expect to buy when you went to a junk yard?

Hint: JUNK!