Austin, TX. Burnet road location.

I took my Toyota Tundra in June, he first quoted me $2,500 (I understood if more needed to be done, I get that). They called me the next day to let me know that the radiator needed to be replaced because it was leaking into my transmission and the whole thing needed to be rebuilt. A bit of a shock, but I was told by three different places that AAMCO was the place to go, so I said OK to the now $4,700 new quote.

A week later they called to tell me it was done, I got a great handshake and Jose told me everything had been done and under warranty. I was happy even though I just dropped a good chunk of change.

Three weeks later I was back again because the exact same shuttering was going on. Jose called me the next day and said they put the wrong transmission lube in and that's why it was shuttering again. It was ready a week later, to put in lube.

A month and a half later, it's back. The shuttering is even worse and I'm am just over the top mad. So I take it in again and Jose calls me the next day to tell me they needed to replace the torque converter because they put in the wrong lube but all of it was going to be covered under warranty (which just makes it all OK). So another week goes by before I can pick up my truck. (If the same shuttering was occurring each time then why did they rebuild my transmission when they could have put in a new torque converter for $379.00 on the bill).

Side note: (I would not have a problem if all of this would have been done right the first time. When you spend almost $5,0000, you want it done right the first time).

Now it's been over a week since I got a call from Joes's supervisor, Greg Cloud (who said he would be following up with me soon). I've tried calling the 800 number but I have only been called back once while I was teaching and I can't seem to get a hold of anyone after leaving over five different voicemails with three different people.

To make a long story long, this is the first time I have ever written something online about anything related to service, but I can not get service so I'm putting it out there. This will definitely be posted on as many sites I can put it on. Bottom line, don't go to AAMCO even if people recommend it to you, there is a reason you are reading this. Thank you for your time.

Comments