Portland, Oregon

MY DAUGHTER AND GRANDSCN TOOK MY TRUCK TO HOLLYWOOD JUST THIS LAST WEEK AND STARTED HAVING TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS WITH THE FLUID POURING OUT OF THE FRONT SEAL.

WELL THEY WERE STRANDED.....WE LIVE IN PORTLAND OR. WELL I CALLED AROUND AND ENDED UP CALLING AAMCO HERE IN PORTLAND OR AND EXPLAINED THE PROBLEM. THEY SUGGESTED I CALL THE AAMCO IN HOLLYWOOD CA ON MELROSE AVE., AND THEY WOULD TOW THE TRUCK IN FOR FREE AND DO A TEST AND LET UP KNOW. ME, THINKING THAT AAMCO WAS A "UPSTANDING" COMPANY AND FREE TOWING (WITH WORK DONE) AND I KNEW THAT WE WOULD HAVE TO HAVE WORK DONE, THE TRUCK WAS NOT GOING ANYWHERE...UNDRIVEABLE. ANYWAY BEING HERE IN PORTLAND OR AND NOT KNOWING WHERE ELSE TO TURN WITH MY DAUGHTER AND GRANDSON "STUCK" DOWN THERE ON VACATION WITH NO TRANSPORTATION, I HAD MY DAUGHTER CALL AAMCO.

THEY CAME AND TOWED THE TRUCK IN AND TOLD MY DAUGHTER THEY WOULD LOOK AT IT AND CALL HER WITH AN ESTIMATE. WELL THE SHOP MANAGER BY THE NAME OF ERIC CALLED MY DAUGHTER THE NEXT DAY (WHICH WAS A SATURDAY) AND TOLD HER THAT HE HOOKED IT UP TO THE DIAGNOSTIC MACHINE AND IT WAS THE "FRONT SEAL" OF THE TRANNY THAT HAVE "WORNED OUT" AND GAVE HER AN ESTIMATE OF AROUND $650.00 GIVE OR TAKE A FEW DOLLARS AND THAT HE WOULD HAVE HIS TECH START WORKING ON IT AND WORK OVERTIME TO GET IT TO HER NO LATER THEN MONDAY MORNING. MY DAUGHTER AND GRANDSON WERE DUE TO LEAVE SUNDAY SO SHE TOLD HIM THAT THEY WOULD HAVE TO PAID TO STAY ANOTHER NIGHT WHICH THEY REALLY COULDN'T AFFORD AND AFTER THAT..THEY WOULDN'T HAVE ANYWHERE TO STAY CAUSE THERE WAS NO MORE MONEY. THE MANAGER "ERIC" SAID THAT WASN'T HIS PROBLEM. HE WOULD CALL HER MONDAY MORNING.

SO HERE WE ARE WITH MY DAUGHTER AND GRANDSON "STRANDED" IN HOLLYWOOD AT THE MERCY OF AAMCO AND MANAGER "ERIC'. COME MONDAY MORNING HE CALLED HER AND SAID THAT HIS "DIGNOSTIC" TECH HAD PUT THE TRUCK ON THE TEST MACHINE AND TOLD HIM THAT IT LOOKED LIKE THE "PUMP" COULD HAVE GONE BACK BUT THEY WOULDN'T KNOW UNTIL THEY PULLED IT. KEEP IN MIND WE WERE UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT AAMCO HAD ALREADY STARTED WORKING ON THE TRUCK WITH THE ESTIMATE OF $650 GIVE OR TAKE A FEW DOLLARS. AND NOW HE "ERIC" TOLD MY DAUGHTER IT WAS GOING TO BE AROUND $1600/1700 FOR A "REBUILT TRANYY". MONEY WE "DON'T HAVE AND THAT HE HAD JUST STARTED TO WORK THE TRUCK AND WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO HAVE IT DONE BY MONDAY. SO NEEDLESS TO SAY I WAS "PISSED" WITH THIS "DOUBLE TALKING" MANAGER, TAKING ADVANAGE OF A "STRANDED" MOTHER AND HER SON. SO I CALLED AND TALKED TO ERIC. I KNOW HE KNEW I WAS PISSED BUT WHAT WAS I GOING TO DO, HE HAD MY TRUCK AND IT "HAD" TO BE FIXED, IT WAS UNDRIVEABLE. SO HE TOLD ME HE WASN'T QUITE SURE WHAT THE TOTAL DAMAGE WOULD BE OR THE TOTAL COST UNTIL LATER THAT DAY (MONDAY) AND ASKED THAT I CALL HIM BACK AT NOON. SO I DID AND HE TOLD ME THAT IS WAS LUNCH TIME AND THAT THEY PULLED THE PUMP BUT WOULDN'T KNOW THE FULL EXTEND UNTIL LATER THAT DAY AND IT WOULDN'T BE UNTIL TUESDAY SOMETIME BEFORE IT WOULD BE DONE. I TOLD HIM THAT I WANTED TO SEE ALL THE PARTS THAT WERE GOING TO BE REPLACED AND HE GOT SMART WITH ME AND SAID "WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO..COME BY" AND I SAID NO...I'M IN PORTLAND OR...BUT WHEN I DO PICK UP MY TRUCK, I WANT ALL THE PARTS THAT WERE REPLACED. MEANTIME MY DAUGHTER AND GRANDSON HAD NO WHERE TO STAY AND HAD TO LEAVE THE HOTEL. WELL WHEN I CALLED MY DAUGHTER TO TELL HER WHAT WAS GOING ON...SHE SAID "THEY" MY GRANDSON AND HER WERE AT THE AIRPORT AND ON THEIR WAY HOME. MY GRANDSON FATHER HAD TO PAY FOR THEIR TICKETS HOME. THERE WAS NO MORE MONEY. RSO LATER ON THAT DAY I CALLED ERIC FOR THE "BAD" NEWS THAT I KNEW WAS COMING. WELL OF COURSE IT WAS THE WORST OF THE WORST..THE TRANNY NEEDED TO BE "REBUILT" AT A COST OF $2106. I GOT REALLY REALLY QUITE...AND THA'T WITH AN 13% DISCOUNT. SO WENT FROM 600 TO 1600-1700 TO 2105 IN JUST 3 DAYS. I ABOUT HAD A HEART ATTACK..BUT I KEPT IT TO MYSELF CAUSE I KNEW THE TRUCK HAD TO GET FIXED AND I WOULD DEAL WITH THE PAYMENT PROBLEM LATER. SO I TOLD HIM TO GO AHEAD AND FIX IT. HE SAID TO LET MY DAUGHTER KNOW THE TRUCK WOULD BE READY LATE TUESDAY. WELL MY DAUGHTER AND GRANDSON CAME HOME TO PORTLAND OR AROUND 6:00 MONDAY NIGHT.

NOW TODAY IS TUESDAY AND I HAVE TO CALL ERIC AND TELL HIM THAT MY DAUGHTER IS NO LONGER IN HOLLYWOOD CA AND THAT I DON'T HAVE $2106 (ALL AT ONCE) TO PAY FOR THE TRUCK RIGHT NOW AND THAT I COULD ONLY MAKE A PAYMENT ARRANGEMENT TO PAY A PORTION THIS COMING FRIDAY AND THE REST AT A LATER DATE AND THAT I WILL HAVE TO LEAVE MY TRUCK DOWN THERE UNITL I CAN PAY THE WHOLE THING OF AND THEY HAVE TO RENT A CAR OR FLY DOWN AND DRIVE BACK WHICH WILL BE "ANOTHER" BIG EXPENSE THAT I CAN'T AFFORED. I AM NOT A RICH PERSON BY ANY MEANS AND NOW I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN. I'NM SURE ERIC IS GOING TO BE PISSED AND PROBABLY CHARGE ME STORAGE WHICH IS ANOTHER EXPENSE I CAN'T AFFORD. SO I WILL HAVE TO SEE HOW THIS PLAYS OUT AND MEANTIME, I'M WITHOUT TRANSPORTATION AND GOD KNOWS WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN. I MIGHT JUST HAVE TO GIVE AAMCO THE TITLE TO MY TRUCK AND LET IT GO.. THANKS TO "ERIC" AT THE HOLLYWOOD AAMCO. I'M GOING TO CALL AAMCO'S ADMINSTRATION OFFIC TODAY AND REPORT THIS ***. I KNOW I PROBABLY SHOULDN'T HAVE OKAY THE WORK, BUT I HAD NO CHOICE IT HAS TO GET FIXED AND NOW THA AAMCO HAS AN INTEREST IN IT, THEIR NOT GOING TO LET IT GO UNTIL IT'S ALL PAID FOR WHICH COULD TAKE AWHIL. THIS WHOLE THING HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE..AND ALL MY DAUGHTER AND GRANDSON WAS TO GO ON VACATION AND ALL I WANT IS MY TRUCK BACK...

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Comments

Hum...sounds like you're complaining about the wrong Aamco~Eric works at the Aamco in North Hollywood (just moved to Burbank) I called the Aamco on Melrose; there's not record of a car being picked up from Portland, Oregon. Sounds like you want to call the Aamco Corporate Office (customer relations) I have used them in the past~they were a great help!

Each Aamco is independently owned and operated. Sounds like the one in your area was helpful and would have treated you well.

Unfortunately when traveling some repair facilities will take advantage. There isn't a machine you hook up to tell you that the front seal is leaking...you just look for the leak. Sadly this story usually ends up with the vehicle being lein sold. You should never authorize repairs when you don't have the money to cover the repairs.

Most front seal leaks end up in an overhaul and he should have warned you. He doesn't have to , but I think he should of.

Stay away from Aramco wherever you are.All of them are scam shops.I know, I worked at one.Most deceitful, dishonest place ever.No equipment, no training, except how to screw customers. Dog and pony show.Predator and prey.That's what they teach.Still using bait and switch, even today.Can't believe this place still around.

They should be shut down nationwide and corporate heads jailed. YOUVE BEEN WARNED.AVOID AAMCO WHEREVER YOU MAY BE!!

Taz1234

You can call their customer service but Anne Wright is not going to do anything about it. You can go to small claims and get your money back or get an attorney to sue them for damages done to the vehicle.

There is a website aamcolawsuit.wordpress.com.

This website tell you a little about what is going on. But I did contact the news station in Seattle and now I am waiting for a call back.

Aamco Reviews