8516 Michigan Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46268
1.4

On march 27th I took my 2010 Ford edge into Aamco on 8415 N Michigan rd. to diagnose a knock on the right front side on every left turn!

They Called at the end of business day to exclaim that the reason for the knock was the ball joints were worn! I said ARE YOU SURE THIS IS THE REASON FOR THE KNOCK??? They exclaimed without any uncertainty that yes this was the problem! I said do the work.

The next day I get a call from them exclaiming that they couldn't get the sway bar links off and out of the way because of corrosion and rust so they would have to cut them out at an additional cost of $156.00. My response was that for the quoted cost of $518.00 for the job i would have thought that the sway bar links are part of the total replacement of the job coupled with the fact that they were over charging me for additional hardware. The response from the owner Dwayne was that he over heard me speaking the day before about my distrust in mechanics to an employee that i did business with 20 years previous! My response was that now you know the reason for my distrust!

He placed me on hold and when he returned apologized for eaves dropping on the conversation the day before and offered me a discount. That afternoon i returned to aamco and paid an exorbitant $650.00. I got in my vehicle drove out of the parking lot only to discover a series of knocks and dings now! Made a u turn and called the owner Dwayne out to take a test drive.During my coarse of waiting 2 other customers returned only to have issue's with their repairs.

We go for a test drive and he clearly hears the many knocks in the front end and says that it could stem from the fact that the parts are new and not meeting up with the old parts to drive it for awhile and bring it back on Tues. Drove my vehicle for 3 days and the issue became worse almost as if there was something loose or broken in the front end.

I then took Wtf my vehicle to an Independent shop where they discovered that while the parts were new the old corrosive and rusted bolts were put back in place.One bolt was broken in half and the other had nu nut attached which by law is negligence and fraud! How do you claim stupidity or a lack of awareness when the sign exclaims 42 years of experience coupled with the fact that it's against the law to replace new parts with old hardware!

Product or Service Mentioned: Aamco Car Part Replacement.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments