Melrose, Florida

We had our transmission rebuilt in our 1996 dodge ram 1500 p/u at the Clark rd store in Sarasota Fla in April 2010. We paid $1500.00 . We chose AAmco because we were told of the nationwide warranty. Well here we are 300 miles from home and 4000.00 miles into our warranty on a Saturday no less and the front seal blows. We were able to contact a store in Gainsville Fla Spoke with a Mr. Bobby Taylor there who assured us if we paid $200.00 to have our vehicle towed to his AAMCO he would get right on it Monday morning. Well I had to contact him at 930 am which is not first thing in my book and he informed me he had to get back with the sarasota store to get permission to fix our vehicle.

Well that was about six hrs ago and I still have no idea whats actually wrong with my vehicle or when it will be fixed. I spoke with the gentleman in Sarasota and he informed me that he has to be sure what is wrong with the vehicle as these stores tend to rip each other off. We were'nt informed at the time of service that this was how the nationwide warranty workeld. If you are going to offer such a warranty such as this you certainly should inform the consumer and give them the opportunity to say no thanks I'll take my chances with a local.

Now I am out 150.00 for a rental car plus maybe more and I have no idea when i will be able to get my vehicle back or get back to my life 300 miles from here.

Comments

AAMCO Sarasota and Jim Cosby’s Team is one of the best car care guys I have met in my life. Whenever you avail yourself of a car transmission warranty, you should extract out the complete details and terms and conditions mentioned in it.

The competition is strong no doubt but nationwide warranty applies to all the workshops equally. So, there must be some misunderstanding regarding the information that was supplied to you.