I made an appointment for check light engine, been told it takes 2 to 3 hours for diagnostics ,since nobody called me after 3 hours I called and they told me that they did diagnostics and found out that there is a transmission failure and it will cost me 1495 $ for...
Review
Reason of review
Poor customer service

AAMCO of Alexandria VA - VERY BAD

Do not take your car to the AAMCO transmission "service" center in Alexandria, VA - on Pickett Street. We paid for a brand new transmission there a little over a year ago and have had nothing but problems since then (the shoddy repairs only held together for a few weeks to a few months at a time - we have been back SEVEN TIMES in the last 15 months, even though we paid for and should have received a brand new transmission) and now we're being told that our warranty (which is supposed to entitle us to 12 months of TROUBLE-FREE service) is up, even though we never ever even got close to 12 months of trouble-free service. All we want is to have our car fixed for the money we spent ($3200), and not only are we out the money and not able to drive the car, it has been in this shop for much of the last year, since every time we take it in with a problem (actually the same problem, over and over) they sat on it for a week or two before they even looked at it. Don't EVER EVER take your car there. Your money and time are too valuable. Go to someone who actually knows what they're doing.

As a shop owner, I am sorry to hear that you had to go through this. I would have installed a remanufactured unit by the third try and not repaired, or paid another shop to do it for us.

Sometimes it just takes another set of eyes/mind/hands to find the problem overlooked by one. This stresses the importance of choosing a shop not based on price, but many other factors such as ASE certifications, years in business under same ownership, cleanliness, customer service, and overall reputation.

Really?? sounds like you work for Aamco..a complete rebuild kits costs between $170 and $220....none are harder than others..parts come out and parts go back in..simple and basic if you know what you are doing..which apparently the "techs" at Aamco do not

:? What about the one in sringfiald on back lick road they claim to be transmission expert so why don't they no why mines is leaking without taking my trans out

Dumb Dumb, AAMCO doesn't even sell NEW transmissions. ALL of them are rebuilt.

I am sure you drive one of them cars or truck that has cronic transmission problems - this really isn't AAMCO transmissions fault. Some transmissions are much harder to rebuild than others.

View more comments (3)