car transmission shop service problem money customer warranty vehicle truck

Unnecessary repair recommendations | Aamco review from Spokane, Washington

I experienced an issue with my car recently and thought it was transmission related. I've been a regular customer at a local Aamco service center for years so I naturally took my car there for evaluation. It was recommended that I have an "rdi" performed, a service that would cost around $2000. It's an older car and I don't have that kind of money so I decided to get a second opinion. I did some internet research and chose another transmission shop that had some excellent customer reviews. After a diagnosis and road test they told me that it was definitely not a transmission problem and that what my car needed was a tuneup. I scheduled an appointment and had a tuneup and transmission service performed. My total cost was $120. I also had them double check for other problems that the Aamco shop told me the car had and in both cases either the problems were non-existent or were not as bad as I had been told. Needless to say I will no longer be taking my car to Aamco for anything. They have lost a good customer!
Review