Dallas, Texas
2K views

My vehicle is a 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier with 140,000 miles on it. The transmission was in need of rebuild. If I had known the shoddy service I would receive from AAMCO at 5851 East McKellips Rd. in Mesa, Arizona, I would have not have brought it in. I would have traded in for a new car instead.

The estimate was anywhere from $1400 to $2100, and I could not get a more precise estimate until the job was done. The reason I had chosen AAMCO was their offer of no-credit financing for the repairs. I applied for the financing and was declined. They required 2 recent paystubs, but I had only started working full time for my present employer for one week after working part time for several months, so the amount of my paystub reflected my part-time salary, which was too low to qualify for this finance plan. Instead I had to get a cash loan from my credit union. But I didn't know how much cash I needed because AAMCO would not give me an estimate. I asked my credit union for $2000 loan, hoping it would be enough.

In the meantime, I needed transportation for my work, and while my car was at AAMCO, I had to rent a car from Enterprise for $26 per day. I don't mind paying for a rental car while my car is being repaired, but the longer AAMCO takes to get the car repaired, the more days I have to pay for the rental.

I left my car at AAMCO and got my rental on January 27. I was told that it would take 3 days to rebuild my transmission, excluding weekends. Since I brought my car in on a Thursday afternoon, AAMCO told me that it would be ready the following Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morning. When I called again on Wednesday asking if my car was ready, they then told me it would be ready on Friday. I called Friday, and they said it would be ready on Saturday. Called Saturday and they didn't even answer the phones. So now I have waited for NINE days, and I still don't have my car back.

Comments

Call the BBB..

I jus had the same problem

MamaTurner